Appraisals for Insurance in MD, DC & VA
When you are looking to get insurance on your valuables, you have to know their value so that you can get the right coverage. iStuffSellers is a licensed, bonded, and insured estate sale company with appraisers ready to make your insurance appraisal easy. Our appraisers have many years of experience, and we give you the value of your items to make sure that everything is covered by your insurance. It would be terrible to undervalue your items and not be able to replace them if you lost them in a fire or if your house was burglarized.
We can appraise:
- And other valuables
You can be assured that our appraisals comply with all ethical and performance standards of the American Society of Appraisers and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
Contact us for more information about insurance appraisers in Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia today!
Appraisal Terms You Should Know
When getting your valuables appraised, there are concepts you should be aware of:
- Fair Market Value: A price at which a “willing buyer and seller” would agree to complete a sale. Fair market value is used for estate tax, estate planning, marital division, charitable contributions, or other informational purposes.
- Replacement Value: What it would cost to replace property with something of similar origin, age, quality, condition, or provenance.
- Damage Appraisal: To support making client whole when objects have been damaged in transit, fire, flooding, etc.
- Loss Appraisal: To support making client whole when there has been a complete loss of the property.
- Casualty Loss Appraisal: To support a tax deduction for loss of property with the IRS.
- Liquidating Value: The value given to property that is sold or changes hands under forced or limiting conditions such as bankruptcy. It is provided for commercial and judicial purposes.
Do I Need an Insurance Appraisal?
Most of the time, yes, you should get an appraisal for insurance purposes. You need an appraisal if you have any collectibles or rare art to make sure your insurance policy covers the full value of the items.
If you don’t have a bunch of rare art or you’re adding things of value to your home and property, an insurance appraisal is still important. It can help you replace your wedding rings if they get stolen, or fix your home if a natural disaster strikes. Bottom line, an appraisal is here to make sure that you know the value of your objects so you can either replace or fix them if something were to ever happen to them!
Insurance Appraisers in Maryland, Washington, DC, & Virginia
When you are looking for appraisers in Rockville, MD or the surrounding DMV area, iStuffSellers is the company you can trust. We have many years of experience, and we fully comply with the standards of the American Society of Appraisers and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice. You don’t have to worry about the value of the items being correct because we ensure all our price values are well-researched and accurate for any insurance purposes.
Need an appraisal service in Gaithersburg, MD or the surrounding areas? Contact us today!